Beginners’ Guide to Crystals: Part 9 – Complementary & Conflicting Crystals
Our Article Menu (Click the parts you want to skip to!)
- Complementary Crystals (Based on Similar Intentions)
- Conflicting Crystals
At Glace, we love collecting crystals! However, have you ever felt uncomfortable or had a sense of lethargy when placing certain crystals together? Although all crystals can theoretically work together, some crystal collectors may be more sensitive and feel overwhelmed by the energies of different crystal combinations.
Do note that there is no definitive list of ideal and non-ideal crystal combinations. This is because their lists are non-exhaustive, and whether or not the combinations are ideal can depend on many factors such as your intentions and sensitivity to energies.
The general principle is to pair crystals that generally have the same intentions – this is so that their energies are neither overpowering one over the other nor do they cancel out each other.
COMPLEMENTARY CRYSTALS (BASED ON SIMILAR INTENTIONS)
Here are some examples of complementary crystals based on similar intentions:
- General Manifestation: Citrine or Pyrite, and Quartz
- Energy, Creativity and Productivity: Carnelian and Citrine
- Motivation: Citrine, Carnelian, Red Jasper, Tiger’s Eye, Black Tourmaline
- Love: Rose Quartz and Green Aventurine
- Eliminating Sadness: Bumblebee Jasper and Lepidolite
- Fear and Protection: Smokey Quartz and Black Tourmaline
- Good Sleep: Scheelite, Amethyst, Amazonite, Blue Lace Agate
- Focus & Concentration: Fluorite and Amethyst
Complementary Crystals for Peaceful Rest and Sleep: Amethyst, Amazonite, Blue Lace Agate, Blue Scheelite
Note: Although the crystals above complement one another each of them have their respective healing properties. This means that even without pairing your crystal with other complementary crystals, it would still be able to achieve the intention you have set.
Depending on the intentions you have set into your crystals, here are some common examples of conflicting crystals:
1. Clear Quartz + Motivational Crystals
2. Motivational, Confidence or Energy Crystals + Calming and Stress-Relief Crystals
3. Motivational, Confidence or Energy Crystals + Empathic Protection Crystals
WHAT DO I DO IF I HAVE CONFLICTING CRYSTALS
If you’ve been collecting conflicting crystals and have experienced disruptions in your energies, you may do the following:
1. Place the Crystals in different locations (based on your intentions)
2. Cleanse your Crystals from their current intentions and set a new, common intention for them to be compatible
Click here to learn how to cleanse your crystals!
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Setting your intention towards the crystals is an important factor in determining whether your crystals are compatible.
- One crystal can have many healing properties, and as such in order for your crystals to complement each other, you need to set similar intentions.
- Remember that all crystals can theoretically work together, and utilising conflicting crystals will not bring major disorders in your day-to-day life.
- However, if you do feel that your energies are being affected, you may follow our advice from above.
Learned something interesting today? We have more articles below:
Beginners’ Guide to Crystals: Origin of Crystals
Beginners’ Guide to Crystals: Choosing Crystals based on Horoscopes
Beginners’ Guide to Crystals: Increasing Prosperity with Crystals
Beginners’ Guide to Crystals: Crystals and Chakras
Beginners’ Guide to Crystals: How to Use Crystals: Manifestation and Meditation