Beginners’ Guide to Crystals: Part 3 – Choosing Crystals based on Horoscopes
As enchanting and beautiful crystals can be, they can sometimes also be complex and overwhelming, especially to those new to them. With so many different healing properties they possess, we can often get confused over which crystals are most suitable for us.
Today, we’re exploring just that based on your Astrological signs! Because Astrological signs have natural correspondence with particular crystals and their healing properties, this has become a common way for crystal users to choose their crystals.
Here are the recommended crystals based on your Horoscopes:
Aries (March 21 – April 19)
Aries, a fire sign, is bold, competitive and ambitious. As such, Aries naturally possesses high energy and a fiery personality.
Recommended Stone: Carnelian
The benefits of Carnelian are as such:
- Refuels energies;
- Tames impulsiveness;
- Increases confidence and appropriate assertiveness in times of self-doubt;
Taurus (April 20 – May 20)
Taurus, an Earth sign, is trustworthy, patient and humble. However, because they are strong-willed, they can often be stubborn.
Recommended Stone: Smoky Quartz
The benefits of Smoky Quartz are as such:
- Purifies negative energies;
- Fosters positivity and emotional calmness;
- Fosters grounding, allowing one to be balanced.
Gemini (May 21 – June 20)
Gemini, an Air sign, is impulsive, erratic and intelligent. They are social butterflies with a spontaneous and curious nature and as such, may be interested in many pursuits.
Recommended Stone: Aquamarine
The benefits of Aquamarine are as such :
- Calms one’s overreactive nature;
- Aids with overwhelming emotions;
- Allows one to find clarity in times of confusion.
Cancer (June 21 – July 22)
Cancer, a Water sign, is highly intuitive, trustworthy and emotional. They are known to be sensitive and often wear their heart on their sleeves and as such, can experience intense emotional distraught and anxieties when trust is breached
Recommended Stone: Red Jasper
The benefits of Red Jasper are as such:
- Enhances one’s emotional stamina;
- Eases one’s overwhelming negative emotions and anxieties;
- Fosters grounding, allowing one to retain balance and inner strength.
Leo (July 23 – August 22)
Leo, a Fire sign, is energetic, creative, passionate and dramatic. Although they tend to be quite self-obsessed and competitive, they are also loyal and have the ability to radiate warm energies to others.
Recommended Stone: Tiger’s Eye
The benefits of Tiger’s Eye are as such:
- Enhances one’s creativity;
- Provides energetic support;
- Harmonises all the chakra points, thereby creating balance.
Virgo (August 23 – September 22)
Virgo, an Earth sign, is practical, analytical and systematic problem solvers. Known to be perfectionists, Virgos may find it energetically draining to keep balance between chaos and order
Recommended Stone: Fluorite
The benefits of Fluorite are as such:
- Diminishes unproductive thinking
- Fosters positivity;
- Encourages one to enjoy the little moments.
Libra (September 23 – October 22)
Libra, an Air sign, is fun and energetic. Even so, they seek equilibrium, justice and harmony in all areas of life and therefore, have the ability to see all sides of any situation. Because of this, however, they may find it hard to make decisions easily.
Recommended Stone: Sodalite
The benefits of Sodalite are as such:
- Enhances one’s diplomatic and peacemaking abilities;
- Enhances one’s ability to communicate with wisdom and sincerity;
- Aids one through wise and solid decision-making
Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)
Scorpio, a water sign, is mysterious, elusive and can seem aloof to outsiders. On the inside, however, they are highly emotional, sensitive. As such, they are often misunderstood by outsiders.
Recommended Stone: Watermelon Tourmaline
The benefits of Watermelon Tourmaline are as such:
- Relieves stress by encouraging soothing and gentle energy;
- Soothes one’s negative and sensitive emotions;
- Prevents one’s negative thoughts and emotions from affecting his or her relationships with others.
Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)
Sagittarius, a fire sign, is energetic, adventurous, independent. Typically, they are risk-takers and have the tendency to have many pursuits at once. Thus, they may feel immense stress from the tasks they want to pursue.
Recommended Stone: Turquoise
The benefits of Turquoise are as such:
- Balances unstable emotions;
- Manages one’s stress from work;
- Provides decisiveness and allows one to prioritise more important tasks.
Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)
Capricorn, an Earth sign, is reliable, patient and persevering. Because of their responsible and hard-working nature, they are often hard on themselves and can forget to cultivate self-love and acceptance.
Recommended Stone: Rose Quartz
The benefits of Rose Quartz are as such:
- Promotes self-love and acceptance;
- Relieves stress and negative emotions;
- Boosts feelings of peace and calm.
Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)
Aquarius, an Air sign, is highly innovative and free-spirited. Because of their adventurous nature and great ability to think outside the box, they are often misunderstood as the black sheep of the community.
Recommended Stone: Amethyst
The benefits of Amethyst are as such:
- Promotes the ability to handle difficult situations well;
- Relieves stress and negative emotions;
- Enhances one’s quick-wittedness.
Pisces (February 19 – March 20)
Pisces, a Water sign and the oldest of the zodiac signs, is the wisest, most empathetic and intuitive. They are also fun, considerate and are known to give unconditional love.
Recommended Stone: Clear Quartz
The benefits of Clear Quartz are as such:
- Purifies and cleanses any negative energies, allowing one’s energy to be kept high;
- Enhances one’s mental clarity;
- Allows one to have a connection to higher consciousness.
Here are some articles you may also find useful:
Beginners’ Guide to Crystals: Part 1 – Origin of Crystals
Beginners’ Guide to Crystals: Part 2 – Choosing Crystals based on Chinese Zodiac Signs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1. How are crystals and horoscopes/zodiac signs related?
Crystals have energetic properties that align with the 12 zodiac signs/horoscopes. Crystals align with planetary energy and specific chakras, so you can use them to balance your mind, body, and spirit. For example, a crystal that aligns with your zodiac sign can support any weaknesses and enhance the strengths of your personality.
2. Which zodiac sign/horoscope should wear citrine?
Citrine is the traditional birthstone for November and is highly recommended to those with the Sagittarius horoscope.
3. Can any horoscope sign wear Amethyst?
Amethyst, otherwise known as the February birthstone, is most suitable for those with the Pisces horoscope.
4. Who cannot wear the Tiger's Eye stone?
It is believed that those with Capricorn, Aquarius, Taurus and Libra horoscopes are not encouraged to wear Tiger's Eye as wearing it might give negative effects.